ITMG 440 Questions to Answer Spring 2013
are the 7 steps of the Information Systems Plan?
is enterprise systems planning? How do CSF’s fit into this plan?
are the four steps in the spectrum of organizational change?
the five types of information technology and what kind of
organizational change they cause.
the 9 IT Capabilities and their organizational impact/benefit.
Reengineering to TQM.
are the 6 steps of Systems Development? Describe them.
the 3 types of computer testing and the four types of conversion
are the six types of capital budgeting models? Be able to describe the
are the four types of decisions made in portfolio analysis (fig. 11-9)
are the six stages of the product lifecycle?
are the four steps of prototyping? What are advantages and
five examples of application software packages.
are the mgmt benefits and problems with end-user development?
and explain outsourcing.
and describe the five types of system development approaches.
are the four main types of development methodologies?
is reverse engineering?
are some reasons that information systems fail? What % of large
systems can be considered to be operating failures?
are the main information system problem areas?
are the five measures used to determine system success?
are indicators of successful system implementation?
are the four factors that cause implementation success or failure?
are projects managed so poorly and what can be done about it?
are some problems that can go wrong in the implementation process?
are some external and internal integration tools available to
is counterimplementation? What are the three theories to explain user
resistance to technology?
User Interface Handout
1. Describe the three basic principles of
2. Explain the difference between object-action order and action-object order.
3. Describe the 5 types of messages.
4. What are the key factors in designing error messages?
5. Describe five types of input and the three principles in input design.
6. Describe five types of input validation methods.
7. Why is capturing data at the source important? Describe some methods or
devices that can capture data.
8. Describe five types of outputs and three principles in output design.
9. What do you think are three common mistakes that novice analysts make in
Chapters 1-3 From
What are the steps of program development, know and be able to apply to a
What are the different types of structured programming?
Define the different data types and describe when to use each one.
What are the six basic computer operations?
What is the structure theorem and the three basic control structures?
Know how to create a diagram box, algorithm, and desk-checking from a problem
that may be given to you.